Bachelor of Education with Computer Science
This is a new course which allows you to combine the study of education with computer science.
This is a three year concurrent programme and at the end of this three year course graduates will be eligible to teach education and computer science.
The curriculum consists of several education courses and a variety of computing courses in programming, web development, app development, computer hardware, networking, databases, ethics and methods of teaching computer science.
What you'll study
- Business Communication
- Business Computer Applications
- Computer Fundamentals
- Database Systems
- Blended Learning
- Lifelong Learning
- Foundation of Education
- Psychology of Education
- Computer Networking
- Development Studies
- Computer Graphics Design
- Principles of Programming
- Probability and Statistics
- Early Childhood Education (ECE)
- Teaching Methods in Computer science
- Educational Media and technology
- Teaching Practice 1
- Sociology of Education
- Human Growth and Development
- Operating Systems
- Research Methodology
- Object Oriented Programming
- Web Design
- Measurements and Evaluation in
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
- Information Security
- Internet Programming and Applications
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Special and Inclusive Education
- Educational Guidance and Counseling
- Teaching Practice2
- IT Project Management
- Open Source Software Development
- Network Management and
- Interactive Multimedia
- Principles of Consultancy in Education
- Principles of classroom management
- Educational software Individual Project
- Professionalism and Ethical Issues in Education
- Educational policy analysis and implementation
- Adult Education and Learning
- School Management
- Community Education and Development
- Industrial training in Computer Science
Two principal passes in Science subjects. The two principal passes MUST make an aggregate of 4.0 points as a minimum. Those without a principal pass or subsidiary pass in Mathematics must have a D at O’ Level.
Ordinary Diploma of Education in Science, Ordinary Diploma in Information Technology or Computer Engineering or Computer Science with at least average of ‘B’ or GPA of 3.0, and at least four passes (excluding religious subjects) at O Level.
Other allied discipline with equivalent qualification recognized by NACTE may be accepted
What you'll experience
On this degree course, you'll:
- Apply the teaching skills for effectively conducting the teaching tasks.
- Apply the management and administrative skills for effective school and classroom management.
- Demonstrate the ability to assess the students learning progress.
- Apply the curriculum development skills to develop comprehensive teaching curriculum.
- Apply guidance and counselling skills to help students in solving their challenges
- Demonstrate mathematical, probability and statistical skills in solving ICT problems
- Apply computer programming theories and techniques in developing computer software
- Use modelling and graphics techniques in analyzing and designing web-based information systems
- Apply system requirements concepts in analyzing and designing computer applications
- Use computer networks and hardware techniques in securing organization data
- Employ communication, development perspectives, research methodology, entrepreneurial and professional skills in solving organization problems
Careers and opportunities
Our graduates will work in roles including:
- Research and development scientist
- Primary and Secondary Teacher
- School Administrator
- Curriculum expert
How to Apply
Institute of Accountancy Arusha admission cycles are normally guided by two regulatory authorities which are The National Council for Technical Education (NACTE) and The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU). If you apply to IAA, you will be following provisions as set forth by the mentioned authorities.
Different programmes have different entry requirements. You can visit our programme page to see entry requirement for different programmes or be sure to read thoroughly the TCU admission guide book and the NACTE admission guide book.
We consider each applicant and put enormous care into evaluating every application. We hope you will explore the information in this section to understand what we look for in our admissions process.